June 22-23, 2017 • Hilton Arlington • Arlington, Virginia
Join influential leaders and experts within the North American electric transmission industry as they discuss key drivers impacting the US electric transmission grid.
Topics to be covered at Platts 2017 Transmission Planning and Development Conference:
- What is the outlook for new transmission over the next five years?
- Lessons learned for the ISOs—Responding to the cost cap and its impact on the competition selection for transmission projects
- Have price signals provided by the ISO functioned well to elicit the investment decisions that were expected to occur?
- How do utilities translate winning bids for projects into revenue requirements for ratemaking, including getting incentives from FERC?
- Best practices to work with landowners so that they welcome new transmission lines in their backyard
- Grid modernization and permitting—How to do it in a responsible period of time
- Is 100% renewable integration into the grid feasible and how to ensure security of supply?
- What impact will the new presidential administration have on US transmission matters?
Plus Three New Transmission Case Studies:
- ITC Lake Erie Connector—Underwater HVDC Line between Canada and the US
- ConEdison’s Brooklyn-Queens Distributed Management Pilot Project
- Clean Line Energy Partners’ Grain Belt Express Clean Line Project
Gain Transmission Planning Perspectives from:
- Todd Maersch and Mark Sanzenbacher, American Transmission Co.
- Thorn Dickinson, Avangrid Networks
- Steve Rowley, BHE Transmission U.S. Transmission, LLC
- Mario Hurtado, Clean Line Energy Partners
- Stephen Wemple, ConEdison
- George Dawe, Duke-American Transmission Co.
- David Whiteley, Eastern Interconnection Planning Collaborative (EIPC)
- Daniel Belin, Ecology and Environment, Inc.
- Paul Sotkiewicz, Ph.D., E-Cubed Policy Associates, LLC
- Raiford Smith, Entergy
- Benjamin Salisbury, FBR Capital Markets
- Pierre Bernard, Friends of the Supergrid
- Ken Ditzel,FTI Consulting
- Amy Fisher, GE Energy Financial Services
- Bill Bojorquez, Hunt Power
- Ryan Leonard, Iberdrola Renewables
- Owen Reynolds, Independent Energy Consultant
- Doug Motley, ITC Holdings Corp.
- David Schwartz, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Sharon Segner, LS Power Development, LLC
- John Lawhorn, MISO
- Julia Prochnik, Natural Resources Defense Council
- David Parquet, Pattern Energy
- Jeffrey Berman, S&P Global Platts/PIRA Energy
- Ray Wuslich, Winston & Strawn LLP
Who Can You Expect to Meet?
2016 Conference Attendees
| Aardvark Holdings LLC
American Electric Power
Apex Clean Energy
Associated Diversified Services, Inc.
Bernard Energy Advocacy
BL Companies, Inc.
Bureau Of Land Management
Charles River Associates, Inc.
Civil & Environmental Consultants
Consolidated Edison Co. of NY, Inc.
CTC Global Corporation
Duke-American Transmission Co.
Ecology & Environment Inc
Edison Electric Institute
Energy Capital Partners
Forum Equity Partners
ISO New England
ITC Holdings Corporation
Kenny Construction Company
Kiewit Engineering & Design Co.
Kiewit Power Constructors
LS Power Development, LLC
MERRICK & COMPANY
Navigant Consulting Inc
New York Power Authority
NextEra Energy Transmission
Pattern Energy Group
POWER Engineers, Inc.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
Southwest Power Group
Spire Global, Inc.
T Champion Consulting
Vinson & Elkins LLP
Winston & Strawn LLP