The World Refinery Database provides an in-depth view of the international refining industry, with a unique dynamic interface which allows you to focus on the data you need. Analyze specific refineries, or get a regional, national or global perspective with up-to-date and historic information for every refinery in the world. Quickly retrieve, download and integrate data in to your own models, and develop confident trading, investment, or risk management strategies. Delivering capacity data by unit and configuration, detailed ownership status and history, and refinery-by-refinery crude slate, yields and outages data, this intuitive research tool is unmatched.
What are the key features and how will I benefit?
- Unrivalled depth and breadth: Analyze the industry from any angle, with detailed and comprehensive data for every refinery in the world, from 1984 to present day.
- Assess capacity in any way you choose: Analyze every possible element of capacity for all refineries worldwide, with detailed current and historic data for 60+ unit types, and our considered judgments on the likelihood of companies’ expansion plans.
- Gain the fullest picture of production: Perform highly sophisticated forward looking analysis at the refinery level, with a complete view of the entire downstream value chain – from crude inputs to detailed product outputs – and estimates of how production will evolve over time.
- Know your competition: Assess your competitors’ relative positions, conduct entity level analysis, and gain confidence in developing strategies to increase growth, with access to the most robust ownership and operator data for every refinery in the world.
- Don’t be caught out by outages: Make informed trading decisions and develop short and medium strategies to respond to planned and unplanned outages, with access to data going back to 2007 and extending 12 months into the future, with immediate impact assessments of outages by major crude grade.
- Wealth of experience, spanning decades: We recruit only the best and our refining expertise is underpinned by a team of former refiners, chief economists and analysts from the largest energy companies in the world, giving you a unique combination of comprehensive data and direct support from committed analysts.
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface: Quickly access key metrics via our helpful dashboard, effortlessly integrate our data into your forecast models, and understand the complex with our simplified flow diagrams.
Who needs this product?
- Trader: make better informed decisions with a comprehensive view of the full process flow, and access to outage, capacity, runs and yields data for crude and refined products.
- Strategic Planner: Get a complete view of yields and strengthen your margins, with granular information at unit level and access to our analysts’ considered views on capacity projects.
- Hedge Fund Analyst: Make confident investment decisions, with access to meticulously maintained historic and forward looking ownership and capacity data which enables detailed company level mapping for every refinery in the world.
- Senior Management: Quickly assess your competition and get a single view by company, region or facility, with our dynamic dashboard which aggregates critical downstream data in one place.
- Midstream Analyst: Gain the most detailed understanding of company, regional and national production, with robust yield data by refinery, which can be aggregated up to your chosen level of detail.
Better together: S&P Global Platts and PIRA
PIRA is now part of S&P Global Platts. Working collaboratively, we’re pooling our expertise, strengthening our proprietary data, and enriching our analytical capabilities. Our people share a commitment to be best placed to meet your needs, providing both a global perspective and a regional view of the entire energy supply chain. With the combination of PIRA’s flagship product and additional Platts refinery data, we’re now offering the most comprehensive tool in the industry.